Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hooray!

Happy V-Day, friends!  I find it strange in a touching way that this is my most "serious" Valentine's Day but also my most low-key one.  Really, usually [insert boyfriend here] and I fret and worry about plans, cards, cookies, flowers, presents, how much are you spending, how much are YOU spending?!, are you getting a funny card? or a sweet card?.  Don't get me wrong, that's fun in its own right, but it is nice to be comfortable and settled and it's not a big deal.  (Now, fiance, that is not my position for the rest of our lives...)  Most of my newfound calmness about this holiday of love is circumstantial, what with several feet of snow and all preventing us from making plans or buying cards and whatnot, but I still think it's pretty sweet that we resolved to make each other belated cards.  Our one "date" today is also kind of an accident but also kind of perfect - we have an appointment with our coordinator at our venue!  Wedding details and the menu, on heart day '10!

In other news, for some reason I'm super excited that when the State Farm Select Service Auto Body Shot repairs the Suze's bumper, they will vaccuum and wash her!

1 comment:

Justin said...

Don't forget about the southwestern duck rolls with your future father-in-law the night before! If that doesn't scream Valentine's Day, I don't know what does. Happy Valentine's Day :)