Here are some things I can't stop thinking about.
- Our wildly successful Costco trip in which the store FINALLY had mango slices! On G+ I said one of the truest things I've ever uttered, "costco mango slices = prodigal son. i loved them, but they left me, but now they're back, and i have slaughtered my fattest calf in celebration" AND I didn't even mention this ridiculously delicious (Costco brand, no less!) Lavash flatbreads with rosemary, olive oil and sea salt. I don't even understand how good these are. We also got a 30-PIECE SET OF ADORABLE TUPPERWARE. My life is complete.
- I am majorly jealous of people who can just look at a camera with no expression and look super hot. Like, when they're not making any face at all, even smiling, and they still look smokin'. When I'm not smiling in a picture I either look confused or pissed off. I feel like French people do this particularly well.
- Someone is mysteriously sending us a Newsweek subscription. Not even kidding. This happened a year or so ago, and here it is again. I entered the info from the label into Newsweek, and I am like 95% sure I did not pay what it says I paid when it says I paid it. So mysterious sender, thank you! This is lots of fun and takes me back to my childhood of devouring Newsweek.
- There should be a way to find friends on facebook simply by how many friends you have in common with one other thing you know, so that if you have NO idea what a person's name is, you can use your stealth skills of knowing where they went to college and the fact that you will likely have a million mutual friends, without embarrassing yourself by asking anyone. Except facebook, and facebook doesn't care.
- Bellow is getting ridiculously good at not jumping on our bed at night, but jumping on our bed in the morning; so good in fact, that we don't have to shut her out! Her cries were devastating, but it was also devastating to get leapt on in those precious grey moments of falling asleep, and then have to shove her off. So anyway, great job, dog! She is also waiting for her food, even after it's poured! What a champ!
- FALL. How do I love thee! Let me count the ways! Aside from that ferocious hailstorm two weeks ago, earthquake last week, and hurricane this past weekend, we have had AMAZING weather, with no crazy last-ditch heat stroke. Starts out 60, gets to maybe 87, goes back down to 73. Gorge. Coming up: increased amounts of tea, candles, baking, and tights!
- Guys, guess what. September is... NO RESTAURANT MONTH! Faithful readers may remember this attempt last August and its questionable success. This year we are armed with P90X resolution, a money-sucking house, and a homebody dog! And two more CSA shares! And with Costco mangoes and flatbread, who needs restaurants anyway. Cinchy.
- Also, if you're somehow friends with me but not with Mickey, may I direct you to this.
|also, who needs restaurants when you have these two on your team.|