Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Brownies and OJ: Breakfast of Champions

And potato chips, apparently.  I totally forgot how good potato chips were.  Good thing I've had a LOT OF TIME to remember!  I've also had a lot of time to contemplate how having appendicitis and subsequent appendectomy is kind of like being a bride.  It's so... entitling!  The effects are the same; the causes are, um, pretty different.
  1. It's a lot of attention.  A LOT.  Which is good because
  2. You just want to see and hang out with all the people in your life.  You really appreciate company.
  3. You get to ask people to do things for you.  Like, no holds barred.  No request too small.  "I'd like you to make my veil 0.025" shorter!"  "I'd like you to take my socks off!"  And they have to do it.  They have to do it gladly, even.  After all, you are getting married/are in great pain.
  4. You get to say no to anything you want.  And people have to respect that.   
  5. Everywhere you go, you leave a mess because you are stressed out and crafting/unable to pick things up from the floor.
  6. You view your insane job from afar, like an outsider looking in.  You take it a lot less seriously.  For, um, the moment.
  7. You develop questionable eating habits even though it's one of the most important times to eat exactly right.
  8. Your fiancé/husband turns into a superhero who does, in fact, take your socks off and reach that light switch that's right next to you but at an awkward angle that you can't manage.  He does not, however, make your veil 0.025" shorter.  He would if he could, though.
Meanwhile, I'm obsessed with the following:
  1. Visiting Iceland.
  2. Working my way up the corporate ladder from volunteering to owning this place.
  3. Wishing we had all our forms to do taxes already.
  4. Reading these.  I also found these MTV clips where he reads some of the original ones and giggles like a schoolgirl.  I basically died.
  5. My reunion with long-lost organs!  Thanks Mom!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

We're pretty much sharing all the same obsessions right now and that is awesome.

I have been dying to visit Iceland ever since I did my geography project on it my freshman year of high school. That website is too cute. Let's be friends with Iceland and go to the Blue Lagoon!