Butternut Squash and Radish Leaves Soup
1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and 1-inch-cubed
bunch of radish leaves, well washed (mine were all the leaves from about 8 radishes)
3 cups chicken stock
1 T butter
1 onion, chopped
2/3 c milk, room temperature
sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Melt butter in large saucepan, add onions and sautee until soft, about five minutes.
- Add radish leaves and heat until wilted, about two minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock and add squash, simmer until tender.
- Puree squash and leaves in blender in batches, and temporarily store the puree in a different bowl or pot for a second. You'll be left with the stock and maybe some onions still simmering in the main pot.
- Once everything is pureed, add it back in to the main pot; add milk and stir until smooth.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve, or serve with dollops of soft cheese, like that triangle cow Swiss cheese, because life is awesome.