Sunday, May 9, 2010

In which I keep dying of joy!

Friends!  Guess who made a triumphant return this weekend!  You are probably right!  It is Aundre!!!  We took a walk down to CVS, as we are wont to do, and he was finally at the register again!  When he caught our eyes, he said, "Hey family!"  I nearly died of joy.  We spent our time in CVS trying to think of something cool to say on the way out, but we didn't come up with anything good, but HE did!  He said, as we left, "Be safe!  I got your back for the rest," which was very touching and a little enigmatic.  Aundre!!!!!!!!!  I think I shall make him cookies one day.

Also this weekend, we started really putting this house together.  I bought a few of those paintings on canvasses, Justin helped me hang them, he deconstructed the 'entertainment center' down to the base tv stand, we bought and he built a coffee table, the walls and halls are so much happier now.  I can't even describe to you the affect these paintings have on me.  They are just silly abstract colors or flowers or something, but hanging prints that I chose has been more or less intoxicatingly wonderful.  Invitation responses are starting to trickle in, which is super fun, as is the plethora of compliments on my calligraphy.  I shall start a small business!

Also, you will NEVER guess the kind gesture shown us on Saturday.  It was our anniversary (this one feels fake now that a real one is coming up), so we made plans to go out for tapas using our fancy schmancy Groupon to Evo Bistro in McLean, VA.  It looked like a classy joint, so I made reservations online, and they offered a little box for "special requests for the maitre d'" and I thought, I am a soon-to-be patron of this restaurant, I can ask for something a little fun!  So I typed in my little box, "Can we have a candle at our table please?  It is our anniversary!"  We got there, our table was ready, with a fake glowing candle (it's the thought that counts), it was completely packed and crazy loud, it couldn't decide if it was fancy or casual ($10 for each plate of three bites of food; waiters all in jeans and untucked shirts), the food was incredible, the service was somewhat lacking.  We were done and it appeared they had forgotten about us, so I signaled the closest service dude on the floor, who happened to be the manager, and asked for the check.  A minute later he comes out with a waiter and a pyramid of chocolate with fruit drizzlings and wishes us a happy anniversary!  I pretty much died of joy (again) and gratitude.  Obviously, it was delicious.  It was some chocolate mousse-filled shell of chocolate, with raspberry, beautifully plated, everything.  You guys!  People are SO NICE!!!

No comments: